December 17th, 2020

Do you or someone you know have a tax problem? Are you looking for a qualified and competent CPA to help, but can’t seem to find the right one?  Look for an Enrolled Agent instead!

What is an Enrolled Agent?

An Enrolled Agent is a tax preparer who has earned the privilege of representing taxpayers before the IRS. Enrolled Agents, like attorneys and CPAs, are generally unrestricted as to which taxpayers they can represent, what types of tax matters they can handle, and which IRS offices they can represent clients before.

Besides being an experienced tax preparer, an EA also has taken hours of coursework and passed a 3 part exam, and gone through rigorous tax liability and criminal background checks.

Enrolled Agent status is the highest credential the IRS awards. Individuals who obtain this elite status must adhere to strict ethical standards and complete 72 hours of continuing education courses every three years.

What can they do for me?

An Enrolled Agent has lots of experience dealing with “sticky” tax situations. Forgot to file your taxes for a few years? Couldn’t pay your quarterly assessment? Need to get rid of a property lien? They often help clients with tax problems resolve these tax problems by dealing with the IRS on your behalf with offers in compromise, setting up payment plans, or negotiating a reduced tax liability based on your financial situation.

Where do I find an Enrolled Agent?

The IRS has a directory of tax preparers and you can search specially by Enrolled Agent.  At Tax Defense Ohio, we have a whole staff of Enrolled Agents!! We won’t make the promise of getting rid of tax debt for “pennies on the dollar” because that never really happens like they claim in the commercials. But we have years of tax resolution experience, we’ve seen and dealt with it all!

Do you need help out of a sticky tax situation, or know someone that does?! Call or message us today!!